RETURNS & CANCELLATIONS
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES
- Orders may be cancelled within 72 hours of placement with a $100 processing fee, and prior to shipment
- Orders cancelled after 72 hours of placement or after being shipped are subject to a 25% cancellation fee plus any Shipping & Handling fees
- Processing fees for order changes vary. Call for details
- Custom orders may not be cancelled or returned
WHY ARE THERE CANCELLATION FEES?
Please note that your furniture is being made to order, especially for you. Once an order is placed, we do our best to expedite crafting so your furniture will arrive to your home asap. When possible, we contact your craftsman the day of your order and the process of purchasing wood and scheduling crafting begins. Because finished pieces have been made for a specific customer it is very difficult for us to re-sell cancelled orders.
HOW TO AVOID CANCELLATION FEES
You can avoid cancellation fees by letting us know if your order is tentative and asking us to hold it for a few days prior to putting the process of crafting in motion.
- Rule #1, Measure twice, cut once. Make sure your furniture will fit in your space prior to ordering from MDM
- Returns will be accepted within 30 days after delivery, unless, unless custom ordered
- Custom, showroom items and special orders may not be returned
- Items must be in “as-new” condition. If damage is evident, Mountain Dog Millworks, Inc. (“MDM”) reserves the right to charge a reasonable restoration charge
- Pending inspection, a credit or refund will be issued for the item value less a 25% restocking fee
- The cost of return shipping is the responsibility of the customer however we are happy to assist with shipping logistics upon request
If you are unable to take delivery of your furniture when crafting is complete, please contact us to arrange for temporary storage.
- We offer complimentary storage of furniture for up to 14 days after completion
- Furniture stored for more than 14 days after the date of completion (and less than 3 months) is subject to a storage fee of 3% of the purchase price per month
- After 3 months the price of furniture storage increases to 5% of the purchase price per month
- We are unable to store furniture longer than 6 months unless special arrangements are agreed upon in writing and in advance
Orders are considered abandoned after 6 months of storage if the customer has not made special arrangements in writing. Abandoned orders are subject to a 50% restocking fee, plus Shipping & Handling charges